Bankruptcy Representation in Burlington County at Reasonable Prices —
Struggling with debts and dealing with abusive debt collectors can be stressful and frightening. People often experience feelings of guilt over their financial problems, even when medical bills or other unavoidable expenses are the cause. The vast majority of people who seek bankruptcy relief do so because of events that are out of their control. Accidents, illnesses, loss of income, job loss, and divorce are all unforeseen circumstances that often create a financial crisis that people cannot recover from on their own. That’s where an experienced bankruptcy attorney can help. Bankruptcy offers a solution for honest people who are struggling to pay their bills.
The Law Offices of Travis J. Richards is here to help you understand your options for debt relief. With over 15 years of experience in the bankruptcy field, Mr. Richards has helped thousands of clients in Mount Holly and southern New Jersey find a fresh start.
As an experienced bankruptcy lawyer, Mr. Richards helps you decide if filing a bankruptcy is right for you. By analyzing your income and expenses, and reviewing your assets and debts, Mr. Richards helps determine the best debt relief plan for your financial situation. That solution may be filing a personal Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy case or utilizing other debt relief methods.
What Can Filing a Bankruptcy Case Do For Me?
- Stop Creditor Harassment: When you file a bankruptcy case, the automatic stay provisions of the Bankruptcy Code prohibit creditors from contacting you to collect a debt. It means an end to collection letters and harassing telephone calls.
- Stop Foreclosures and Repossessions: Filing bankruptcy stops repossessions and foreclosures. A bankruptcy attorney can help you devise a repayment plan that allows you to keep your home and your vehicle or even lower your monthly car and mortgage payments.
- Stop Garnishments, Levies and Liens: If your wages are being attached or your bank account is frozen, filing bankruptcy will stop these actions and, in most cases, eliminate the debt permanently.
- Improve Credit Scores: Many people assume that their credit score will never recover after filing a bankruptcy case. However, most debtors see a significant improvement in their credit scores within a year after their bankruptcy case is filed. Because your debts are discharged, you can begin to rebuild your credit score much quicker than if you try to resolve your debt problems on your own.
Two Main Options
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 bankruptcy is designed to eliminate debt for debtors who do not have the means to pay their debts in addition to paying their living expenses. Your attorney can discuss whether you qualify for this type of bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Chapter 13 is a debt repayment plan designed for debtors who can afford to pay some of their debts but need assistance in reorganizing the debts into an affordable monthly payment plan. It is also useful for protecting assets in bankruptcy.
Schedule a Free Bankruptcy Consultation
Do not allow stress from debt problems to ruin your life. Bankruptcy provides an affordable solution to your financial problems.
Our firm is here to assist you every step of the way. We focus our services on bankruptcy, debt consolidation and credit repair. We offer free consultations during normal business hours as well as on weekends and after-hours.
Please call our office at 609-267-5297 or use our convenient online contact form to schedule an appointment today.